Friday, May 30, 2008

Today I received an excellent TZ script from prolific radio drama writer Michael Elliott. Michael lives in London and writes many of the “Harry Nile” scripts for radio producer Jim French. Jim is someone that I admire very much. He’s the producer behind “Imagination Theatre,” “Harry Nile,” and “Sherlock Holmes” three excellent examples of radio drama being produced today. Jim’s website is www.jimfrenchproductions.com.

Michael is one of the writers working on original TZ story ideas. He just delivered “The Time of Your Life” a truly great script that I’m hoping we can produce later this year. Without giving anything away, it’s the story of a woman who’s husband is killed and she gets him back after making a pact with the Devil who’s not interested in her soul, but he is interested in something else – what that is I’m afraid you’ll have to wait until it’s produced. The Devil character has some great dialog and I have just the actor in mind to play that part. The star of the show is the woman character and I’m hoping to cast a great actress. My first choice would be Mena Suvari. I think she’s an amazing actress and one that would put a special spin on this character. I first became a fan of Mena Suvari after watching “American Beauty” which won best picture in 2000 but I became a confirmed fan after watching her as a semi-regular on the HBO series “Six Feet Under.” Alan Ball, who wrote “American Beauty”, produced and often wrote “Six Feet Under” is an absolute genius and if you’ve not seen either of these, I highly recommend that you do.

Next week I’m planning on spending the day with Bob Benson at Cerny to put the final tweaks on “On Thursday We Leave For Home” starring Barry Bostwick, so I’m looking forward to that and for you to hear it soon. Well, that’s all for now, see you next time for more NEWS FROM THE ZONE!

No comments: