Friday, May 23, 2008

Still working hard on “On Thursday We Leave For Home” starring Barry Bostwick. It’s about 3⁄4 finished and Bob Benson who is heading up this one over at Cerny American Creative said I should have a first draft of it by Friday of next week. From this first draft I make copious notes and send them to Bob and then he makes a second draft and then more notes and by the third round or so it’s usually time to come out of the oven. : )

After “On Thursday We Leave For Home” we’ll be mixing “The Prime Mover” starring David Eigenberg. For those of you who are “Sex and the City” fans, David played the role of “Steve Brady” Miranda’s love interest. David came in to the studio to star in this show and “A Penny For Your Thoughts” which we aired earlier this year. It was a lot of fun for me and the cast to work with David, he’s a really talented actor and very genuine person. I’ve kept in contact with him and he’s going to play a role in my Old Testament audio project, The Word of Promise. For those of you who are not familiar with The Word of Promise, it’s an audio Bible starring Hollywood celebrities.

The New Testament (20 hours on 20 CDs) is already released, you can order it at www.thewordofpromise.com or buy it at any retail stores that carry Bibles. The Word of Promise is not only star-studded, it is produced in dramatic audio style with sound effects and a full music score by prolific Italian composer Stefano Mainetti. The New Testament stars Jim Caviezel as Jesus, Michael York as the Narrator, Stacy Keach as Paul, Louis Gossett as John, Marisa Tomei as Mary Magdalene, Terence Stamp as the Voice of God, John Heard as Matthew, Lou Diamond Phillips as Mark, Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Mary, Mother of Jesus, Chris McDonald as Luke, John Schneider as James and many other wonderful stars.

It’s word-for-word from the NKJ translation and is distributed by Thomas Nelson, Inc. I’m very happy to say that it’s the #1 selling audio Bible in the world. Currently I’m producing The Old Testament, which will be 60 hours on 55 CDs. It stars Jon Voight as Abraham, Richard Dreyfuss as Moses, Gary Sinise as David, Marcia Gay Harden as Esther, Malcolm McDowell as King Solomon, Michael York as the Narrator, Stacy Keach as Job and many other wonderful stars.
I’m also producing a Youth edition of the New Testament with wonderful youth stars as well. I’ll keep you posted on the progress.

But getting back to David Eigenberg – you can see David in the new “Sex and the City” movie coming out later this month so my hat’s off to him! Well, that’s it for now, check back with me next week for more NEWS FROM THE ZONE!

1 comment:

ZooKeeper Kevin said...

I cannot tell you how excited I am to hear the Old Testament is currently being produced. I look forward to its completion and will buy it when it becomes available.

I have bought at least 5 copies of the Word of Promise New Testament and given them as gifts and have a copy for myself. Louis Gossett Jr did a remarkable job as John. I recently discovered the Twilight Zone Radio Dramas and bought one recently at Borders for The Obsolete Man episode. Came to the official site and was excited to see all the available episodes.

Keep up the great work!!