Friday, April 4, 2008

Hi everyone, I hope all is well with my Zoners out there in radio land. This week was crazy busy: On Tuesday Lou Gossett Jr. was amazing as he starred in two shows for us, an updated, modernized radio version of “Steel” and “Probe 7 – Over and Out.” It’s so much fun to hear what an amazing actor like Mr. Gossett brings to these stories. Rod would be very proud I’m sure. I can’t wait to let the talented audio engineers at Cerny American Creative get a hold of these two shows and work their magic! Look (or should I say) listen for both these shows sometime soon as I know you’ll be quite impressed.

World famous mystery writer Dennis Etchison turned in his first script of a brand new TWILIGHT ZONE story – “Now You Hear It, Now You Don’t.” He wrote it based on a story idea by yours truly – a story idea that was inspired by my 80 year old mom’s slight hearing loss. My mom refuses to get a hearing aid and it’s a source of constant high jinx in our family gatherings. My mom is a wonderful spirit and she just won’t let us talk her into getting one so I decided to have a TWILIGHT ZONE story written about it. Only this story isn’t funny, it’s quite frightening actually. With all new story ideas being written by our writers, the story must pass muster with CBS as they have a very specific approval process. So before you’ll hear any new stories they have to be green lit by CBS. I’m hoping that this one will and you’ll be hearing it on a radio station near you later this year or early next. My hope is to cast Ann Francis in the starring role of Rose Lynbrook (my mom’s name is Rose) the rich and powerful owner of Lady Lynbrook Cosmetics. More on that later. I also received a terrific script in from writer Barry Richert called “The Amazing Dr. Powers” – I found it fascinating and I’m hoping CBS will accept this one as well so we can produce it later this year.

Also this week I sent 2 scripts to David Carradine for his consideration and next week I’m sending Sean Astin 2 scripts for his consideration.

Well that’s all for now, check back with me next week for more NEWS FROM THE ZONE!

No comments: