Sunday, November 9, 2008

This week I received in the TZ radio episode "The Four of Us Are Dying" starring Eric Bogosian. Eric does an amazing job on this one, as he did previously for us in "Free Dirt." He plays FOUR roles and has to change his voice for each role and does so flawlessly. It airs this week so I can't wait for all of you to hear it. Matt Sauro at Cerny American Creative handled the Foley and sound design on this one and kudos to Matt for doing a brilliant job with it - thanks Matt!

On Wednesday of last week Martin Jarvis and his lovely wife Ros Ayres starred in the TZ radio episode "Passage on the Lady Anne" penned by Charles Beaumont and adapted for radio by our very own Dennis Etchison. "Passage on the Lady Anne" is, in my opinion, one of the best episodes of the series. It was one of the hour long TZ shows so it is seldom seen on TV.

Martin and Ros play Mr. & Mrs. McKenzie a British couple aboard a cruise ship who encounter an unhappily married young American couple (played by David Pasquesi and Ann Sonneville) who are taking the cruise from NY to England in the hopes of rekindling their marriage. The McKenzie's and all of the other passengers aboard the "Lady Anne" are elderly Brits and for some reason they seem to not want the young couple to sail with them. It's mysterious, moody and ultimately quite touching.

This one is tough to produce though because everyone other than the young couple and the travel agent (played by JoBe Cerny) are British. There just are not that many British actors (in their 70s and 80s) here in Chicago so this one has its share of challenges. We've managed to record most of the characters with British actors here but there are still a few parts that need to be recorded and I'm thinking we'll need to reach out to actors in LA or London.

I'm hoping that the new host of MYSTERY THEATER might like to play a role in this TZ episode as he is a mature actor and is British - not to mention one of the greatest actors of all time. Any guesses as to who he might be??? I am days away from signing an agreement with him for MYSTERY THEATER and will be able to reveal who he is very soon, sorry for the wait.

Well, that's all for now friends -- check back next time for more NEWS FROM THE ZONE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found this blog, and I love listening to the TZ radio dramas! I'm going to ask my family to get me a CD for Christmas. :-)

Keep up the great work!

Sgtstevens said...

Hi,
I am a fan and a writer, I'm interested in submitting a script, how would I do that?