Friday, September 26, 2008

Well, yesterday I received in a rough draft of the TZ radio drama “A Piano in the House” starring Michael York. I was completely blown away by it, and by Michael’s performance, and I can’t wait for all of you to hear it. I had only minor tweaks to it and those have already been made so I will get the finished show on Monday. Michael York plays an evil character, which is so completely different from his real identity. I was with Michael two weeks ago in Los Angeles, interviewing him for the “behind the scenes” DVD for The Word of Promise Old Testament audio Bible I am producing. As with the New Testament, Michael is the Narrator and he is absolutely amazing. In “A Piano in the House” he plays a sinister theater critic who suspects his young wife is cheating on him and finds out for sure when an old player piano is a sort of truth serum to those who hear it play. I believe “A Piano in the House” is scheduled to air the week of October 20th so please listen for it.

I’ve been working night and day on the Youth edition of The Word of Promise New Testament Audio Bible. It hits store shelves mid October and I hope you’ll pick up a copy. It will be available in a 20-CD set (with a behind the scenes DVD) or in an MP3 version. All of the Word of Promise products are available at www.thewordofpromise.com or at Amazon and at major retail chains and all Christian bookstores.

We’re hard at work on a radio station marketing kit for Mystery Theater, the series that we’re going to launch next year. This kit will be mailed out to about 3,500 radio stations in the hope that they’ll want to carry the series. If you missed my previous log, Mystery Theater will be a 2-hour per night showcase for the best in radio: mystery, detective and science-fiction programming. The series will be aired on most stations Monday through Friday and within each 2-hour show, we’ll present 3 half-hour radio dramas. I’m negotiating with a major Hollywood personality right now to star in the series – I hope to be able to announce who that star is, very soon.

Last week I received the first two Mike Hammer radio dramas “Oil & Water” and "Dangerous Days” in from Cerny American Creative. Each episode runs approximately 90 minutes. Stacy Keach reprises his role as the hard-boiled detective created by Mickey Spillane and he doesn’t miss a beat. I had a few more tweaks for the geniuses at Cerny but what I’ve heard is outstanding. Both episodes will be sold in a 3-CD set called “The New Adventures of Mickey Spillane’s Mike Hammer.” It will be released by Blackstone audio in stores this November. They won’t be broadcast on radio anytime soon and the retail price for both shows on 3-CDs is only $19.99 so I hope you’ll give this a try. The future of the series will depend on how well this first double-feature set sells, so I’m giving a shout out to the Hammer fans for some help : )

Well, that’s all for this time, see you next week for more NEWS FROM THE ZONE!

No comments: